You’re cordially invited to a talk!

The nearest of the Near Earth Objects……

Just in case you’re fortunate enough to be in northeast Ohio next weekend,   I’d like to cordially invite you to join me as I make a presentation about NASA’s Planetary Defense Initiative (ANSMET’s supporting organization).

The event takes place next Friday  (20 January 2023) at 7:30 pm, when I’ll be giving a talk entitled “To Protect or Swerve: NASA’s Planetary Defense Initiative and Meteorite Research“.   It will take place in the Mainstage Theatre in Baldwin-Wallace University’s Kleist Center for Art & Drama.  I make no promises whatsoever regarding whether I will break out into song or become exceedingly dramatic (and with a topic that includes the potential end of civilization as we know it,  drama is inherent).

My presentation is a part of the Reinhold and Margaret Kader Memorial Astronomy Lectures and tickets are required, but free.  There will also be an Open House at Baldwin Wallace’s Burrell Memorial Observatory afterward, weather permitting.

Honestly? this event is turning out to be a bigger deal than I original anticipated. Over 200 tickets have already been requested.

Here’s a link where you can get tickets and/or more information on the event.  Hope to see you there!  I could use a few allies in the audience (200 ticket holders, expecting to be entertained…..  could be dramatic indeed).

-Ralph, from sunny Novelty Ohio