An Eclipse invitation

See the yellow star? That’s where I live. PLEASE don’t stare directly at any yellow star.

Hi Everyone,

I can neither confirm nor deny that the last two field party members made it into the field today-  but as yesterday’s post declared,  no news should be presumed good news.

I’ve got something else to share. Probably almost every reader of the ANSMET blog knows that in almost exactly 3 months, on April 8, 2024,  there’ll be a total eclipse of the Sun visible in a swath right across the USA.  What you may not know is that I live within about 10 miles of the absolute peak eclipse path,  well within the zone of totality (the star in the image above).

With that in mind I’d like to cordially invite any ANSMET fans, vets, supporters or families who are interested to visit me.  I have a pretty nice field from which  to view the eclipse or camp out if you choose.  I also have house big enough to host a few people if needed.   I live about 20 miles east of downtown Cleveland, in rural Geauga county, Ohio.  There are plenty of airports and places to stay around the area if needed- we’re also relatively near Akron, Pittsburgh, and Erie.

Contact me if you’re interested-  and please read the fine print below.

Fine print: Well-behaved dogs, children and/or spouses are welcome. My control over the weather is extremely limited; as a result this invitation in no way implies or guarantees the weather will be clear enough to view the eclipse from my property.  Users of my property to view the eclipse are responsible for their own safety regarding viewing the eclipse, transformations into werewolves and/or fighting off apocalyptic neighbors. Side effects including loud proclamations of imminent doom may occur. Eclipses may also cause prophetic visions; those experiencing them may be subject to involuntary sedation. Offer valid only at my place; limit one eclipse per visit. Not to be combined with any other astronomical phenomena.  If you have read this disclaimer in error, please cover your eyes immediately, flush your brain repeatedly with clean water,  and seek medical attention.