Hi Scout!

This is a big hello for my daughter Scout in Mrs. Trovato’s 1st grade class and all the kids attending Westwood Elementary in Russell, Ohio, where my sons Tucker and Eli also went to school.   We’re very busy getting ready to hunt for meteorites here in Antarctica,  but that also means we’re all constantly thinking about our friends and family at home.

hello scout upside down

Somehow we don’t fall off!

And in case you’re worried about us falling off the bottom of the world,  you can relax.  We’ve got the ground under our feet and the sky above us just like you do, I just held the sign upside down and flipped the picture.   The rightside up version is here…….

hi scout rightside up

Most of the meteorite hunting team. From left to right Dr. Vinciane DeBaille, Dr. Christine Floss, Scout’s Dad, Brian Rougeux, Dr. Shannon Walker, and Dr. Devon Burr.

This picture was taken from McMurdo Station in Antarctica just a few minutes ago, and in the distance are the Ross Ice Shelf and the Royal Society Range of the Transantarctic Mountains.

Scout,  I miss you!   Take good care of your mom and brothers for me, and be good in school!

-posted by RPH from McMurdo, 11 Dec 2014