Dr. P. has been named as a 2013 ACS Fellow!
The selection of ACS Fellows is based on documented excellence and leadership in both of two areas: (1) science, the profession, education, and/or management, and (2) volunteer service in the ACS community. Nomination documents must address both of these areas.
(1) Excellence and leadership that have a lasting beneficial impact in science, the profession, education, and/or management. Appropriate activities might include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Outstanding and creative contributions to scientific research;
- Superior achievements in the teaching and learning of chemistry;
- Strong, effective leadership or managerial excellence in an organization within the chemical enterprise.
(2) Volunteer service in the ACS community resulting in significant enhancements to ACS programs, products, or services. Appropriate activities might include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Outstanding leadership, documented through specific results achieved, of a Division, Local Section, regional meeting, national meeting, and/or international conference;
- Exceptional assistance, as an unpaid volunteer, in the publication of scientific information (not including routine authorship or reviewing publications associated with one’s own research);
- Organization of especially significant symposia, major presentations, or other programming at national/international meetings;
- Leadership or other outstanding contributions to public outreach activities, such as National Chemistry Week and Chemists Celebrate Earth Day;
- Effective communication to the public of the value of the chemical sciences or chemical professionals through the press, radio, TV, or other electronic media.